Executive NominationsDeveloping leaders for the future of Hampton Roads.
CIVIC Executive program candidates are nominated by CIVIC Leadership Institute Alumni.
All nominations are presented to the nomination committee for consideration. Nominees who are not selected for the upcoming program year will remain on the nomination list for consideration in upcoming years. For your nominee to be considered for the upcoming Class of 2022 your nomination must be submitted by April 28, 2021.
- Year round nominations accepted from alumni
- Mid-April: Nomination deadline for nominees to be considered for the upcoming CIVIC class year
- Late April: Nomination Committee second meeting
- Early May: Initial invitations extended for the upcoming class year
Late May: Nomination Committee second meeting
- May-June: Class composition evaluated based on acceptance and additional invitations extended
- July: Class finalized
- September: Incoming Class welcome event (Alumni invited to attend)
Candidate must have at least 15 years of professional or volunteer work experience to be eligible for review by the Nomination Committee. Professional or volunteer work experience can include:
- Public Sector
- Post Graduate
- Military O-6 or above
CIVIC accepts year round nominations for executive program alumni. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about the CIVIC nomination process or information about the upcoming Class. For your nominee to be considered for the upcoming Class of 2022 your nomination must be submitted by April 28, 2021.
New classes are announced in September. The deliberations of the nominating committee are confidential and its decisions are final. Candidates that are recommended but not selected for a given class year may be reconsidered for nomination in future years.
CIVIC Class of 2022 Tentative Schedule
The upcoming CIVIC Leadership Institute Class of 2022 will commence in September 2021 and conclude in May 2022. Please see the tentative program dates below. The CIVIC Leadership Institute will be continuing the monitor COVID-19 and all regulations set by the Governor of Virginia and the CDC. We will share any updates to the program schedule as they become available.
- Welcome Event – September 30, 2021
- Opening Retreat – October 14-October 15, 2021
- November Program Day – November 4, 2021
- Darden Awards – November 17, 2021
- December Program Day – December 9, 2021
- January Program Day – January 20, 2022
- February Program Day – February 10, 2022
- March Program Day – March 10, 2022
- April Program Day – April 7, 2022
- Closing Program – May 12, 2022