Executive NominationsDeveloping leaders for the future of Hampton Roads.
Candidate must have at least 15 years of professional or volunteer work experience to be eligible for review by the Nomination Committee. Professional or volunteer work experience can include:
- Public Sector
- Post Graduate
- Military O-6 or above
CIVIC accepts year round nominations for executive program alumni.
Please note: For your nominee to be considered for the upcoming Class of 2021 your nomination must be submitted by March 6, 2020.
CIVIC Executive program candidates are nominated by CIVIC Leadership Institute Alumni.
All nominations are presented to the nomination committee for consideration. Nominees who are not selected for the upcoming program year will remain on the nomination list for consideration in upcoming years.
- Year round nominations accepted from alumni
- February: Nomination Committee first meeting
- Early March: Nomination deadline for nominees to be considered for the upcoming CIVIC class year
- March: Initial invitations extended for the upcoming class year
- April: Nomination Committee second meeting
- April – May: Class composition evaluated based on acceptance and additional invitations extended
- July: Class finalized
- September: Incoming Class welcome event (Alumni invited to attend)
New classes are announced in September. The deliberations of the nominating committee are confidential and its decisions are final. Candidates that are recommended but not selected for a given class year may be reconsidered for nomination in future years.