Established in 2005, the Darden Award for Regional Leadership is named in honor of CIVIC Leadership Institute’s Founder Emeritus, the late Joshua P. Darden Jr. Each year, CIVIC presents the award to an individual and a corporation whose contributions and service have made significant impacts in the Hampton Roads community.
Nominate the 2018 Individual Darden Award Honoree
Nominate the 2018 Corporate Darden Award Honoree
Nominations for the Individual and Corporate Darden Award close on Friday, March 16th, 2018.
We are proud to announce our Title sponsor
Thank you for your generous support of the CIVIC Leadership Institute.
- The Darden Award for Regional Leadership is given annually to an individual who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Creates sustainable efforts toward the betterment of life for the people of the Hampton Roads Region
- Makes significant progress in bridging divisions within the region, especially across the Hampton Roads harbor.
- Delivers extraordinary service as a board or commission volunteer within a regional organization, or as a corporation or organization within the region.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership in the pursuit of regional cooperation
Past honorees for the Darden Award for Individual Leadership include:
- 2017: George Y. Birdsong
- 2016: John R. Lawson II
- 2015: Joan and Macon Brock
- 2014: Jane Batten
- 2013: John O. “Dubby” Wynne
- 2012: Vince and Suzanne mastracco
- 2011: Dr. Deborah DiCroce
- 2010: Jack L. Ezzell, Jr.
- 2009: Harry T. Lester
- 2008: Paul O. Hirschbiel, Jr.
- 2007: G. Robert Aston, Jr.
- 2006: Robert Bray
- 2005: Joshua P. Darden, Jr.
The Corporate Darden Award for Regional Leadership is given annually to a Corporation who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- History of sustained Corporate Philanthropy across the region
- Scope across organization of community engagement
- Promotes board and volunteer leadership throughout the region
- Recognized as a catalyst that creates future leaders for region
- Demonstrates leadership in the pursuit of regional cooperation
Past honorees for the Corporate Darden Award include:
- 2017: Dollar Tree
- 2016: Landmark Media Enterprises, LLC
- 2015: Newport News Shipbuilding
- 2014: Norfolk Southern Corp.
- 2013: TowneBank