PLEASE NOTE: Darden Award nominations will be accepted through March 16, 2019.
The Darden Award for Regional Leadership is given annually to an individual who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Creates sustainable efforts toward the betterment of life for the people of the Hampton Roads Region
- Makes significant progress in bridging divisions within the region, especially across the Hampton Roads harbor.
- Delivers extraordinary service as a board or commission volunteer within a regional organization, or as a corporation or organization within the region.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership in the pursuit of regional cooperation
The Corporate Darden Award for Regional Leadership is given annually to a corporation that meets one or more of the following criteria:
- History of sustained Corporate Philanthropy across the region
- Scope across organization of community engagement
- Promotes board and volunteer leadership throughout the region
- Recognized as a catalyst that creates future leaders for region
- Demonstrates leadership in the pursuit of regional cooperation