PLEASE NOTE: All Nominations for the 2020 Darden Awards must be submitted by March 6, 2020. The event will occur on November 18, 2020.
The Darden Award for Regional Leadership is given annually to an individual who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Creates sustainable efforts toward the betterment of life for the people of the Hampton Roads Region
- Makes significant progress in bridging divisions within the region, especially across the Hampton Roads harbor.
- Delivers extraordinary service as a board or commission volunteer within a regional organization or as a corporation or organization within the region.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership in the pursuit of regional cooperation
- History of sustained Corporate Philanthropy across the region
- Scope across organization of community engagement
- Promotes board and volunteer leadership throughout the region
- Recognized as a catalyst that creates future leaders for region
- Demonstrates leadership in the pursuit of regional cooperation