DARDEN AWARDSCelebrating contributions to regional leadership
Save the Date
2021 Darden Awards – November 17, 2021
We regret to announce that the 2020 Darden Awards has been canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak and guidelines set out by the Governor of Virginia. Thank you for your understanding.
We hope you will join us for the 2021 Darden Award for Region Leadership on Wednesday, November 17th, 2021.
Additional information about honorees, tickets, and sponsorship will be available Spring 2021. If you would like details about sponsorship opportunities, please reach out to Sarah Jane Kirkland, email@example.com.
About the Darden Awards
The annual Darden Awards welcomes over 550 regional executives and community leaders to celebrate the honorees’ contributions to regional leadership. Established in 2005, the Darden Award for Regional Leadership is named for CIVIC Leadership Institute’s Founder Emeritus, the late Joshua P. Darden Jr.
Each year an individual and a corporation from the Hampton Roads region is selected to receive the award. Those honored have delivered extraordinary service on boards, commissions and as community volunteers. They worked to create sustainable efforts toward the betterment of life for the people of the Hampton Roads Region and demonstrate exceptional leadership in the pursuit of regional cooperation.
For more information about sponsoring the 2021 Darden Awards, please contact Sarah Jane Kirkland, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Darden Award Receipients
- 2019 Individual Honorees: David and Susan Goode
2019 Corporate Honoree: Kaufman & Canoles
- 2018 Individual Honoree: Harvey L. Lindsay, Jr.
2018 Corporate Honoree: Ferguson
- 2017 Individual Honoree: George Y. Birdsong
2017 Corporate Honoree: Dollar Tree
- 2016 Individual Honoree: John R. Lawson, II
2016 Corporate Honoree: Landmark Media Enterprises, LLC
- 2015 Individual Honorees: Joan and Macon Brock
2015 Corporate Honoree: Newport News Shipbuilding
- 2014 Individual Honoree: Jane Parke Batten
2014 Corporate Honoree: Norfolk Southern Corporation
- 2013 Individual Honoree: John O. “Dubby” Wynne
2013 Corporate Honoree: TowneBank
- 2012: Vince & Suzanne Mastracco
- 2011: Dr. Deborah M. DiCroce
- 2010: Jack L. Ezzell, Jr.
- 2009: Harry T. Lester
- 2008: Paul O. Hirschbiel, Jr.
- 2007: G. Robert Aston, Jr.
- 2006: J. Robert Bray
- 2005: Joshua P. Darden, Jr., Founder Emeritus