As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, our chief concern remains the health and safety of all whom we serve. The CIVIC team is primarily working remotely. We are monitoring phone and email, so please give us a call at 757-683-6890 or email email@example.com. Please see below additional updates on CIVIC’s COVID-19 response.
COVID-19 UPDATE – Summer 2020
CIVIC is continuing to closely monitor the regulations set for from the office of the Governor of Virginia. Updates regarding programming and events will be listed on this page as we approach the fall.
- If you have any questions about the upcoming CIVIC Executive Program Class of 2021 please contact Amasa Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions about the CIVIC Scholars Program please contact Megan Shuford, email@example.com.
COVID-19 UPDATE – Virtual Events: Tuesday, April 14, 2020
We hope that each of you and your families continue to feel well and safe. Thank you to all of our community leaders, first responders and essential service providers for your bravery and for making a difference. The demonstration of such compassion and kindness from all corners of the world are truly inspiring. As are the stories of true leaders stepping up and making a difference. So many of those leaders here in Hampton Roads that are making an impact are CIVIC alumni and we are grateful to them for guiding the region through this pandemic.
Executive level leadership is so critically important, especially as we turn towards the pathway to recovery. This will not be an easy task, but with the connections within CIVIC I am confident our region will come out of this even stronger.
We invite you to join us for our first ever Virtual CIVIC Program Day on April 28th! This afternoon session will feature Barry DuVal, Secretary Aubrey Layne and our annual General Assembly Wrap-Up with Kemper Consulting. Click here to join us!
CIVIC Virtual Program Day
- Date: Tuesday, April 28th, 2020
- Time: 2:00pm -4:15 pm
- Location: Zoom video webinar
- Registration: This is a complimentary programming opportunity, but you must register in advance. Click here to register!
- Welcome – Sarah Jane Kirkland, President & CEO, CIVIC Leadership Institute
- The State of Business in Virginia – Barry DuVal, President & CEO Virginia Chamber of Commerce
- General Assembly Wrap-Up – Joel Andrus and Ross Grogg, Kemper Consulting
- Address from Virginia Secretary of Finance – Aubrey L. Layne, Jr., Office of the Governor of Virginia
CIVIC is committed to supporting our local business and community leaders during this challenging time. We are so grateful to each and every one of you for all you are doing and hope that you will let us know if there is anything that we can do to support you.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Tuesday, March 31, 2020
First and foremost, we hope that you and your families are safe and well. The COVID-19 pandemic continues to redefine how businesses operate and how communities are working to support one another. I have certainly been inspired by the entrepreneurial and community-minded spirit demonstrated by so many during this time. My sincere thanks to all our alumni who are working every day to keep our region safe during this crisis. Please reach out if there’s anything I can do to help.
As an update, below is a status report on our upcoming events and programming:
- All in-person programming and events have been canceled through June 2020
- This year’s Founders’ Luncheon has been canceled, but please SAVE THE DATE for next year’s luncheon – May 13, 2021
- April/May – Please stay tuned for upcoming opportunities to participate in virtual sessions we are providing for the Class of 2020
This year’s class has demonstrated such perseverance during these uncertain times, and they continue to dedicate themselves to the program and their Community Impact Initiatives. This year’s projects were created in partnership with community sponsors who have assisted the groups with the deliverables and acted as a resource. The 5 focus areas are as follows:
- Campus 757
- Hospitality School
- Resiliency Ecosystem
We will soon be sharing more details about these Community Impact Initiatives and how you can get more involved. Thank you all so much for the emails and calls of support. We’re all in this together and I hope you will join me by renewing your membership or making a donation to CIVIC. Your support is so impactful, and as CIVIC prepares to be part of the recovery solution for the region, we appreciate your commitment to our work.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Friday, March 13, 2020
As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak, our chief concern remains the health and safety of all whom we serve. The CIVIC team is currently working remotely. We are monitoring phone and email, so please give us a call at 757-683-6890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond and soon as possible.
All events and programming scheduled in the month of March have been canceled. Please stay tuned for more information regarding events in April and May.
- CIVIC Insider Series: General Assembly Wrap Up – Canceled
March 19, 2020, 11:30 am-1:00 pm
We are going to make every effort to find a future date to host this event, and we will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates through email blasts and social media. Our team will reach back over the next week to facilitate reimbursement of any tickets purchased.
- CIVIC Class of 2020 Executive Program Day – Canceled
March 19, 2020, 8:30 am-4:45 pm
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and provide regular updates through email blasts to the class. Currently, our April 22nd program day is scheduled to take place as planned.
We are so sorry for any inconvenience these cancellations cause, and we are truly appreciative of your commitment to CIVIC Leadership Institute. Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at: Sarahjane.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 683-6890.
We are so appreciative of your understanding of these extenuating circumstances.