Nominate a CIVIC ScholarWe're accepting applications for next year's class
Want to Nominate a CIVIC Scholar?
- ODU student OR TCC student
- Freshman, Sophomore or Junior standing for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ready to commit 4-5 hours to the program per month, from August through April
What We Look For
- Curious: We’ve never known a CIVIC Scholar to turn down an opportunity to learn something new.
- Collaborative: Scholars value teamwork.
- Community-oriented: Scholars have a drive for positive social impact.
- Professionally Focused: Scholars want to expand their professional network and experience a business setting.
The first step is for a student to be nominated by an ODU or TCC faculty or staff member, a current CIVIC Scholar or a CIVIC Leadership Executive Program alum.
Once a student has been nominated, they will be sent an application to complete.
After the application has been received, the student will schedule a short interview with the Program Manager.
Our team will assess the student’s nomination, application, and interview to determine their fit for the program.
Once accepted, the student must fill out a confirmation of participation to secure their spot in the CIVIC Scholars Program for the coming year.
Nominate a Scholar
Professors, Deans, College Administrators, current CIVIC Scholars, and CIVIC Executive alumni can nominate students that meet the application criteria and who they feel would be exceptional additions to the program.