Nominate a Student for the ODU CIVIC Scholars Program Today!
Are you a Dean, professor, advisor, administrator, current Scholar or CIVIC Leadership Executive alumni? You are eligible to nominate a student for the CIVIC Scholars Program! Find out more about our applicant requirements and recruitment process below.
Our nomination form is currently closed for the Class of 2019, but please contact, Amasa Smith, the CIVIC Scholars Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- ODU student OR TCC student from Norfolk or Chesapeake campus
- Freshman, Sophomore or Junior standing for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Minimum GPA of 2.8
- Ready to commit 4-5 hours to the program per month, from September to April
What We Look for In Prospective Students
- Curious and enthusiastic about learning: We’ve never known a CIVIC Scholar to turn down an opportunity to learn something new.
- Collaborative: CIVIC Scholars value teamwork and want to increase their collaboration skills.
- Community-oriented: Our Scholars value the people in their communities and have a drive for positive social impact.
- Professionally Focused: CIVIC Scholars helps prepare students for their career before they graduate. Students who want to expand their professional network and experience a business setting
The first step is for a student to be nominated by an ODU or TCC faculty or staff member, a current CIVIC Scholars or a CIVIC Leadership Executive Program Alumni.
Once a student is nominated he or she is sent an online application to fill out.
After the application has been received. The student will be asked to come into our offices for a short interview with the Program Manager.
Our staff will assess the student’s application and interview to decide if he or she will be a good fit in the program for the upcoming year.
- CONFIRMATION OF PARTICIPATION
Once accepted the student must fill out a confirmation of participation to secure his or her spot in the CIVIC Scholars Program.