APPLY TO CIVIC SCHOLARS
Applying to CIVIC Scholars
Interested in being a part of the class of 2019? We will begin accepting applications in January 2018. Contact us to let know you are interested and we will get in touch when the application is available.
Criteria: We’re accepting applications from students of freshman, sophomore or junior standing. Students pursuing the first year of their Master’s degree are also welcome to apply. Candidates must be attending Old Dominion University or the Norfolk or Chesapeake campuses of Tidewater Community College during the 2017-2018 academic year. A minimum GPA of 2.8 is required.
What do we look for in future CIVIC Scholars?
Each year, we strive to put together a diverse class that will make the CIVIC Leadership Institute, ODU, and TCC. We look for college students that are:
- Curious and enthusiastic about learning: We’ve never known a CIVIC Scholar to turn down an opportunity to learn something new.
- Collaborative: CIVIC Scholars value teamwork and want to increase their collaboration skills.
- Community-oriented: Our Scholars value the people in their communities and have a drive for positive social impact.
Nominate a Student
Professors, Deans, College Administrators and currently CIVIC Scholars can nominate students that meet the application criteria and that they feel would be exceptional additions to the program.
Why Join CIVIC Scholars?
- Connects students with local leaders through personalized mentorships
- Prepares students for careers after graduation
- Provides knowledge, tools, and contacts to enhance leadership skills
- Grounds students in a culture of service
- Integrates students into the Hampton Roads region, encouraging more of them to remain in the region
What Scholars SaY
Environmental Health Specialist, Virginia Department of Health
CIVIC Scholar, Class of 2015
Eastern Virginia Medical School, Class of 2020
CIVIC Scholar, Class of 2016
CIVIC Scholar, Class of 2017